I got a sudden craving for a hearty soup….with a cauliflower looking all alone in my fridge, I thought maybe making a thick creamy vegan chowder! I put all my favorite things in here to make it super flavorful and creamy! Plus it goes really well with this borderline chilly spring weather that’s a bit damp here at the moment.
This chowder is thick, satisfying, and keeps your tummy nice and full for quite a long time. I added quinoa to it too making it a great post workout meal. I apologize for the pictures not looking super great here, I didn’t have the natural light I wanted…thanks cloudy day!
- 1 cauliflower
- ½ cup soaked cashews
- ½ uncooked quinoa
- 1 small poatatoe
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ onion
- Start by cooking the quinoa as per instructions on the back. Then in a large pot of boiling water add thick chunks of cauliflower and skinned potato. Cook till tender. Drain the water.
- Saute' onion in separate skillet.
- Add cauliflower, potato, sauteed onion, cooked quinoa, ½ cup of water, nutritional yeast, soaked cashews, and seasonings to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a large pot, add 2 cups vegetable broth, 1 cup of water, and blender ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes add salt and pepper where it is needed.
So I have some pretty exciting news!! My niece was born and she is so so so precious! I went away for the weekend to go visit her and it was a visit well worth. It was my first time away from Evelyn for a weekend ( I was under the impression that I was going to be in the delivery room so I couldn’t take her with me unless I wanted to possibly scar her for life). Well my sweet niece decided to come two days early and so the whole time I was there I was cuddling up with her adorable baby cuteness or whipping something up for my sis and brother-in-law. They named my niece Emma….Evelyn can’t wait to have a partner in crime!!
We went to this wonderful place called Keke’s cafe where I got a veggie wrap with sweet potato fries. You know I am all gung hoe for making everything from scratch but every once in awhile its nice to have a meal prepared for you and a mess NOT following afterwards. Haha it was a wonderful weekend indeed.
I hope you all enjoy this chowder as much as I did! It was followed by book reading!