The weather has turned chilly again and it’s time to make some blazing dinners to get us all warmed up! Something easy, preferably, because that’s the way I like it here! Ooooooooh I see a big yellow oval thing on the counter, let’s see what we can do!
Okay, so I am obviously being a little dramatic. What with the role playing and all, but I like it and it’s fun:)
I am sharing with you, today, an easy dish that is very comforting. Spaghetti Squash. With its name comes a meaning; it’s similar to spaghetti (didn’t see that coming huh?). Except without the countless carbs and calories. Whoopee!! Count me in!
Spaghetti squash has a number of benefits that I would love to share with you!
- Aids in weight loss
- large amount of minerals and vitamins
- helps regulate blood sugar
- reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
It’s just nice to know that the food that you are eating isn’t trying to kill you. Ya feel me?
Spaghetti squash also has other perks; like being delicious, easy to cook, and having variable ways in cooking it! You can use it how we will be using today, which is baked and pulled out like spaghetti noodles, or you can use it as a lasagna, or spaghetti bake, etc.
This dish is very fulfilling and you will see yourself going for seconds!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut spaghetti squash vertically in half. Spoon out all seeds. Coat the innards with olive oil, sprinkle with seasonings and minced garlic. Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees face down. When done cooking, the outside should be darkened and you should be very tender. Flip over and let cool off for 5 minutes. Scoop out into large bowl with a fork. Serve with your choice of marinara. a side salad or garlic bread goes wonderful with the combination of this Italian dish.
Come Saturday, I will be hosting my sister’s baby shower and I am so excited for her and my brother-in-law! I had family members help co-host and I feel like this shower may be going down in history. I plan to have a post solely on it and I will be sharing oodles of pictures and diy activities we used in the shower. A little sneak peek; we are having a decorating bib contest!
By the way, last night when Evelyn was asleep, Noah and I watched an inspiring movie. I would recommend it to anyone, just beware of the tears. Good tears though. The documentary was called, “ Life according to Sam” and it is based on a boy with a rare disease called progeria. There is much more to it but I won’t give it away. I am always looking for moving movies which are rare and far between. Especially when it comes to Noah and I picking deciding on a movie together!
Anywho, you all have a good one and stay cozy! Let me know what you think of the recipe!