This summer has been so fabulous. The weather is just right and I love the warm sun embracing my body! I have been outside all day everyday in the garden, fields, or just hiking! AHHHHHH my happy place!
Life has been so good to my family and I feel like it’s really important to just take a step back and truly appreciate our surroundings. So today I am going to share a few of my favorite things (Sound to remember please!) that I appreciate everyday oh so much.
- Matcha– So yeah, ever since I have posted the Benefits of Matcha, I have totally been hooked. Every morning I make some of this life affirming tea and it just really helps me start my day. I have also noticed it helps maintain my moods (like I have those eh). It’s a good feeling. I have been putting local raw, unprocessed honey in it too. I usually don’t have honey but in this instance, I do.
- Early Risings– It’s hard to do sometimes, I know, but when I do I am so thankful. Thankful to take the time to have “me” time even if it’s 5:30 am. I like to go outside and go on a few trail’s before the rest of the fam wakes up. Early morning fresh air is the the best. Take a deep breathe and you will see!
- Water– water rocks. Its simple, and it’s there, so we don’t really notice it. But when I have a craving for something not so good, I take a good swig of my water to help flush out the toxins and clear my head a little bit. And if I am breaking out really bad this day or that, I up my water intake and “swish” the next day my face is on it’s A game. I think it’s so fascinating that something we tend to overlook, can do so much for our own body. I also appreciate this clean h2o because I know that some countries don’t get to have the luxury of clean water. Another reason I chose this wonderful vegan lifestyle.
- Banana Smoothies– This is a small revelation that I always knew, but I forgot just how good it was. Banana smoothies. I really really really need to go to the store. We are out of fruit. Real pet peeve of mine but my keys stay hanging on its nook. Thanks to my overload stock on bananas in the freezer. I put 3 bananas, a pinch of cinnamon, and vanilla almond milk in my blender and you got yourself a mouth drooling sweet banana smoothie/nice cream in a cup. Its is so freakin good and it’s got Evelyn and I licking the spoon all morning.
- Garden– Oh my sweet garden! I just love it! This is my second year truly gardening from the earth and I have learned my mistakes in the past. And I am still growing. As of this moment, my garden is thriving….happy dance! I am in there every day weeding, singing, and watering the garden. It’s early July and I have already had a handful of tomatoes, cukes, lettuce, kale, and my herbs that I have harvested plenty a time over. It’s just a good feeling when I look down and I am eating straight from the seeds we sewed. I am very thankful for my garden!
- My sweet Evelyn– She’s my number one girl who I take notes on weekly because I don’t want to forget a single thing from her childhood. She’s my cheerleader in everything I do in life. I often think I need her a lot more than she needs me. Evelyn is quite possibly my favorite thing:)
- Cuddles– I’m not all rainbows and laughter as much as I would like. Some days I am quite irritable from being on my feet and from the heat. So after dinner, I often like to cuddle with my husband. He is an amazing husband and father and for that I am so thankful for. Cuddles with him and our daughter is just the best and it’s an amazing way to just feel good in that moment with your loved ones. Ever have a bad day, you just need a cuddle:)
So yeah, here above are a few of my favorite things. How about you?