Water is here, I mean spring is here! The earth is hydrating herself with mass amounts of water in our region and I am trying to embrace this in other aspects of myself. The earth is hydrating and I thought it would be fun to hydrate myself! So I created a water challenge so to speak for myself and friends. I am challenging myself to drink a gallon of water a day! So fun when you get others in on it, not so much for competitiveness but for support and help to stay on track.
I started Monday night and will be seeing it through April. Please join the challenge for yourself and at the end of the month we can recap on the benefits that we notice in ourselves.
Before my daughter was born, I focused a lot on myself (not cosmetically just health wise) and a drinking a gallon of water a day is something I did daily, I reaped the health benefits but you get to a time in your life where it isn’t a challenge so to speak but just a way a life.
Every persons body is different which is to be prized because how lucky are we to all be unique in our own way. The point I am trying to wrap around this is that what you may benefit from water, I may or may not have benefited from. A lot of people tend to lose weight when increasing water intake but I can say I did not. But I did have a clear, young, glowing face, more energy, and felt really great all around with my mood.
Others have recognized different side effects that are always beneficial to the body except one…which is having to pee a lot! But other than that, it’s a super bonus to your body and below I have shared with you the cellular benefits you are doing for your sweet kind bodies.
- Drinking two glasses of water when you first wake up helps rejuvenate your organs
- Drinking one glass of water before a meal helps with digestion
- Drinking one glass of water before you go to bed decreases risk of strokes or heart attacks
Drinking a Gallon of Water a Day
- Increase of water intake lowers blood pressure
- Clears up acne
- Increases metabolism
- Cleansing- drinking a gallon of water flushes your system of toxins, and therefore improving your kidney function too
- Weight loss- A lot of people tend to lose weight when they start to drink a gallon of water a day- the reason why is because this usually replaces high calorie drinks you were taking in before.
- Improve your workouts
- helps aches and pains in joints
Join this water challenge with me, don’t be discouraged if you can’t drink a gallon of water a day, just increase to your max capabilities and I promise you won’t be sorry!
At the end of the month, or sooner if you like, please share the benefits you have shown with the water challenge!