Today we have a flavorful entree that’s hearty and savory!
I always feel like their isn’t enough memorable recipes on vegan pasta, at least I haven’t found any that are too high on my list. This one seals the deal. Hands down.
As I was researching up different ideas of recipes for lunch, I always came up disappointed and I thought what better way than to create a recipe that succeeds all of my needs.
So, this is the lunch I decided to make for Noah. This recipe is quick and easy.
- 12 ounces penne whole grain pasta. (Make sure to check the back that their is no egg/milk/or animal product)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of spinach
- ¾ of red onion
- 1 lemon squeezed
- ⅓ cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- s&p to taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of water to boils and add noodles.
- In a separate sauce pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and onions. Cook on medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Lower heat. Crush up gloves of garlic and add to onions. Drain noodles that are cooked fully and add to sauce pan. Squeeze one whole lemon over the saucepan, stir together, add spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and season.
- Stir and serve when spinach has wilted.
It was so yummy and we had plentiful leftovers that will be used up for his work week. I love adding all those cloves of garlic and slightly cooking it. It gives bountiful flavor and a nice crunch when I get a part of a clove on my fork. My secret to adding to garlic (I should just through all my secrets out the door now) is that I take each clove and smash it under the flat of my knife. In return it crunches and the skins falls right off. Then I cut it into thirds. So the pieces of garlic are actually quite thick. The way I prefer it to be in a recipe like this.
Depending on other recipes, sometimes I prefer my garlic to be minced, in which case I prefer a garlic press. So it really just depends on how you want the garlic in your recipe. When it’s minced it is solely flavor you are adding to the recipe (yay!) but in this recipe I wanted to add flavor and a nice garlic crunch every now and then.
I created this entree recipe yesterday, afterwards we relaxed for a few hours then went on a walk as a family. Today we will be running some errands and then I would like to do another walk. We started our day off with another tropical smoothie and I will be planning on doing some recipe testing this evening!
Hope you guys enjoy the recipe added today. It really has a nice combination, and I love that we made a large amount. I proportioned the left overs into meal portions in tupperware and this will be his lunch on Monday and Tuesday! It’s always nice to be ahead of the game!